Skip navigation
Banner

1225RSS 4.0

I need COM4 back

Hello, I am running a XP computer and my 1225rss wont show COM4 anymore. it used to work fine but it now says rib not connected.  I am trying to use a  JiYKR USB 8-way  Programming cable that always worked in the past.  It only shows COM1 and COM8 in the configuration box.  Any suggestions?
Back to the top

Hello, I am not familiar with that cable, If it came with a driver cd I would try installing them again, then if no luck, you should try installing the 1225 software again.
Good luck
Back to the top

First go to your controll panel… Then ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS…….then COMPUTER MANAGEMENT… Then double click DEVICE MANAGER….. Once device manager opens plug in the 8 way cable and wait till the page refreshes…… After look for PORTS (COM&LPT)…. Open that's then…….open the properties of the 8 way cable l… Once in goto port settings tab…. Then CLICK ADVANCED…. Once open look down and choose the COMM PORT NUMBER you want it or it should be……  Always remember to use that usb on the computer once u do this…..
Back to the top

if have serial port you would not having any issue

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

tech said

if have serial port you would not having any issue

Serial port would be comm 1and that would be used if there is an external Rib (radio interface box).

Follow the instructions if u have a ribless usb cable.. Should've said this before sorry
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.