Skip navigation
Banner: Read the FAQs on Emails, Points, Uploading and more ...

Can the Motorola CM140 MDM50RNC9AA2_N be programmed out of range frequencies

Hello to all.

I've been browsing the web in search of finding out if the Motorola CM140 MDM50RNC9AA2_N can be programmed to accept out of range frequencies. Basically to cover the 70cm ham band. Obviously with only eight channels it would only need to cover a handful of repeaters but as the output for these repeaters is in the 430mhz range, i'd need to be able to program the radio to receive.

I've found very little which probably suggests that it can't be.. So, can anyone give me any advice as to whether or not it can be. I know other Motorolas can and have been but there seems very little info regarding the CM140.

I've five of these radios in excellent condition, sat around doing very little and wouldn't mind putting them to good use.

Kind regards, James.
Back to the top

I believe you will need to  hex edit  the commercial series CPS

location USA
Back to the top

Hello 35rem.

I've been reading about hex editing. Do you have a guide as to how to do this.
I've read about it being done for other radios but I can't find any info with regards to the CM140..

Thanks for the reply and kind regards, James.
Back to the top

sorry I can't find my notes where I did the mcs2000 cps.

location USA
Back to the top

Hello 35rem.

No problem and thanks for the reply.

I've been searching again today and just gone over pretty much the same things I've found previously.

Thank you anyway.
Back to the top

Hello to all.

Right, all done. I managed to find out after a lot more searching just how to do this. Hex editing was the key and rather simple to do after I found the right information to follow.

So I now have five (you can never have enough radios) to mess around with.

The next project is to make a repeater from these radios.

Looking into that now.

All the best, James.
Back to the top

Hello,

Do you have the procedure?

After editing the file with "Hex Workshop", I can not read it with the CPS program anymore.

Thank you.
Stephane.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.