Skip navigation
Banner: Read the FAQs on Emails, Points, Uploading and more ...

cdm 1250 program question

can not open com port , rib not power or powered , check can not find com port .

trying to   program my cdm 1250   -  using a  usb  program cable ,  reading the radio ,  shows  model / serial # bottom of page , than pops up with ,

check rib cable , for powered or unpowered , check connection  ,  not using rib cable  , using usb  , windows 10 , 64 bit  ,   any  ideas  , thanks. 
Back to the top

First thing are you drivers ok. what version of the software are you using.

Hobby and love to  the job done
Back to the top

I had that same issue when I was connecting my HT1250 to Windows 10. I changed to Windows XP on an old laptop with a serial port and it worked great. I got a program cable with a serial connector on one end. Everything works great. Only took me an hour to setup my  radios the way I wanted them.
Back to the top

Serial cable always work perfect .no issue at all.plug and play.and most of those older program run well on xp

Back to the top

You need a proper RIB and Motorola mobile radios cable and the software running on a PC with a true RS232 port.. The USB stuff is for the birds.
Back to the top

thanks for all your help , , got a PROGRAM CABLE  ,MAXTOP APCUSB-GM300-UF,   FTDI CHIPSET , PLUGGED IN READ RADIO PERFECT, USING WINDOWS 10
Back to the top

Glad to know  all is well and work perfect.:thumbs:

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.