Skip navigation
Banner: Programming or technical problem? Click to Ask the Experts.

CPS for XPR-7550

What version of software required?

Several years ago I downloaded and installed CPS for my XPR-7550 from here, but unfortunately a total HD failure wiped out my install as well as my downloaded file.

Now I cannot remember which version I had downloaded and successfully used. Hey, I'm now a old man and suffer from severe CRS (can't remember stuff).

Model: AAH56RDN9KA1AN
Firmware: R02.50.05
CP VER: 09.04.22
Updated Date: 2016-06-30

If it's the version I think is correct, then I am currently 8 points short… :(73 de N4GIX
Bill
Back to the top

N4GIX said

Several years ago I downloaded and installed CPS for my XPR-7550 from here, but unfortunately a total HD failure wiped out my install as well as my downloaded file.
Never mind (not that anyone was paying attention anyway). I was cleaning up one of my desks and found that I had been prescient enough at the time to burn a copy of the file I downloaded to a DVD…

For the record, the CPS needed is 12.x (Build 685)

73 de N4GIX/Bill

Back to the top

The one that  what you mention supposed to be here did you check

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

tech said

The one that  what you mention supposed to be here did you check

Well yes, of course I checked. The only one currently available is a version for South America.

What is odd is that I downloaded this file from here several years ago, but it is no longer available…???

I also searched through the files awaiting validation and found no fewer than three instances of 12.x (685), as well as four instances of 15.x (787).

I am wanting to blow the current codeplug out and remove my DMR ID number before putting it up for sale. I'll put in a 'dummy' codeplug with just a few analog freqs configured.
Back to the top

Ok Understood.:thumbs:

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

sorry, missed the part saying needing 12x, let me check to see if i have that old saved somewhere

Nope, sorry, only 15 and 16 :(

Last edit: by reactorpwr

Back to the top

reactorpwr said

sorry, missed the part saying needing 12x, let me check to see if i have that old saved somewhere

I mentioned in a prior message that I found a DVD on which I had saved a copy of the ISO. Would you like me to upload it for others who might want it?

Back to the top

N4GIX said

reactorpwr said

I mentioned in a prior message that I found a DVD on which I had saved a copy of the ISO. Would you like me to upload it for others who might want it?

I have a
XPR 6550 UHF
and
XPR 6100 VHF

Would yours work with this
Back to the top

J0k3st3r55 said

I have a
XPR 6550 UHF
and
XPR 6100 VHF

The XPR series uses the same CSS, so yes it will/should work.
Back to the top

N4GIX said

J0k3st3r55 said

I have a
XPR 6550 UHF
and
XPR 6100 VHF

The XPR series uses the same CSS, so yes it will/should work.

Thanks, let me know if you upload it or would not mind sending me it. I got about 5 xpr6100 VHF from a estate sale and wanted to check see if they work.  
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.