Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

How to use KPG-101D to Program E version Tk-3170 Radio

How to use KPG-101D to Program E version Tk-3170 Radio

I have a TK-3170 that was improperly written with the European (E) version firmware instead of the American (K) version. In order to re-write the firmware to the American (K) version, the radio must first be programmed with the KPG-101D software, with the option to re-write firmware ENABLED. I have 4 different versions of KPG-101D and no matter what I do I cannot get the KPG-101D software to allow me to change the “Radio Model” from a TK-3170(K) to a TK-3170(E) model. In fact, none of the (E) options are even listed.

Even though everything I read about the KPG-101D indicates that it will program all versions (E, K & M) of the TK-3170, none of my software will allow me to start building frequency a database as a TK-3170(E).

Anyone with knowledge on how to get the TK-101D to allow me to switch the “Radio Model” to (E) version would be greatly appreciated. Once I do this, I will be able to re-write the firmware to change it back to the American (K) version.

Thanks,
Matt
KD8AVO
Back to the top

mneil911 said

I have a TK-3170 that was improperly written with the European (E) version firmware instead of the American (K) version. In order to re-write the firmware to the American (K) version, the radio must first be programmed with the KPG-101D software, with the option to re-write firmware ENABLED. I have 4 different versions of KPG-101D and no matter what I do I cannot get the KPG-101D software to allow me to change the “Radio Model” from a TK-3170(K) to a TK-3170(E) model. In fact, none of the (E) options are even listed.

Even though everything I read about the KPG-101D indicates that it will program all versions (E, K & M) of the TK-3170, none of my software will allow me to start building frequency a database as a TK-3170(E).

Anyone with knowledge on how to get the TK-101D to allow me to switch the “Radio Model” to (E) version would be greatly appreciated. Once I do this, I will be able to re-write the firmware to change it back to the American (K) version.

Thanks,
Matt
KD8AVO

You just need to uninstall your KPG-101D and reinstall it with the European serial below to enable the E models:

101E44000000AUVI
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.