Skip navigation
Banner: Read the FAQs on Emails, Points, Uploading and more …

Hytera PD785 issue

Hytera PD785 issue

Hi I'm really hoping somebody could help me out with a problem I have with a Hytera PD785.

So I have a Hytera PD785 and I'm looking for a USB driver for the radio I have Windows 7 32bit and 64bit my computer will not recognize radio without a driver installed. I have been unable to source a working USB driver I am thrown out with an error upon installation each time.

I have installed the CPS version 7 and there are no options to select a port, my guess that this is to do with not having the USB device driver installed, I have also tried Version 8 & 9 with the same problem, so that takes me back to sourcing a working USB device driver before I can go any further.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)
Back to the top

Hytera, much like kenwood, is a pretty cool company to deal with. I would shoot them an email and ask them for an up to date driver.  I had a similar issue and needed a firmware.  They provided it without even confirming source of the radio or much personal info. 
Back to the top

Thanks for your reply.

I sorted out the USB Driver problem.

I've still been unable to read or write to the radio.

The radio has very old firmware "A3.05.10.001" which I'm not able to upgrade.

I need "V5.06.03.008" Firmware or any versions 5 like it to which I've not been able to find anywhere after 7 days and nights searching the internet for it.

The only firmware available are versions 7 and 8 and can only be upgraded from firmware versions 5, furthermore I have been trying many different CPS software versions but none will read or write to the radio because of the old firmware that's on it.

I have been told I need "CPS V8.01.02.002 EM5" that's known to read and write to PD785 radios with "A3.05.10.001" firmware on them. I have also spent many days searching for that CPS without any luck.

I might contact Hytera but I can't see them helping me as I'm an end user also I think they charge for software and I don't even know if the software I need will work.

Back to the top

how did you sort out the USB issue.
Im having same problem
Back to the top

Hi, is this issue resolved ? Still need help ? 73's
Back to the top

I have the V5.01.05.002 FW upgrade kit which should give your stepping stone to V8 and V9.  Email me directly for it.
Back to the top

n6dez said

Hi, is this issue resolved ? Still need help ? 73's
I'm still getting issues, no matter what I do or what CPS I try I get the following error (This Radio data version does not match the default files) I get it when ever I try read or write to the radio and the same when I try reset default data. I've also tried the cloning option. I know the error means that my CPS does not match the software version of the radio but I've tried all that I can get a hold off.

Maybe there is a way to hard reset the radio in some way whether that would make a difference I don't know. I know there is the Engineering Mode option but I don't see how helpful that would be to me in this case.

Hytera are a real pain in the neck, they have like 500 versions of programming software for each model of radio which makes searching for what you need like looking for a needle in a cosmic haystack.

I think what I'm going to do is return the radio back to the seller for a refund.

Last edit: by CountryBoyUSA

Back to the top

Country Boy,

Sorry if this is repeating what you already know and have tried.

Upgrade the radio to the latest version compatible with the CPS you have:

Program > Reset Default Data  and follow the prompts.

From reading this, I think you know the issue is that you need to get it upgraded past V5 to step to the CPS Version you have now.  Remember also there is a big change between V8 and V9.

Also, you list the Radio as the PD785 - the EU version.  I am assuming you have the EU (EM5) version of the CPS.  The US (NA2) version will report all sorts of weird errors.

All that fails - it's a find an authorised Hytera dealer and get them to factory default with their magic SW!

Again - apologies if this is a repetition.

**sinks back into the darkness
Back to the top

Finding the firmware software is a real pain, I discovered I may need several pieces of firmware to get past A3.05.10.001 I should be fine once I reach version 5 FW but I don't think I could jump from 3 to 5. Its bad enough finding one let alone several.

I might have to give Hytera a call or email them, I get the feeling they wont be able to help  O_o what I could do with is a software package that has all the firmware I need to upgrade from A3.05.10.001

Edit: I've just found information on the firmware I need to go from A3.05.10.001
I will need A4.05.13.003 then A5.00.10.005 then A5.01.03.002 and so on until I can get to V5.06.03.008

This has made the task seem more impossible than ever, if Hytera can't help me then unfortunately the PD785 will remain a paper weight in the junk box all for the sake of some firmware. I didn't pay much for it, as they say you get what you pay for.

Hytera charge 30 quid for software so if I need several pieces of firmware I could be paying around 180 to 200 quid which is just not worth it considering I could buy another secondhand PD785 for that.

Its really frustrating…:dry:I'll give Hytera a call on Monday…:|My next question is what CPS software was available in 2011 for the Hytera PD785?

Update: I have no idea how I managed this but I got the firmware upgraded from A3 to V6.01.05.006

When I installed the firmware upgrade file to the computer it said it could only be upgraded from versions 5 so I thought I'd just try it anyway and lo & behold it started to upgrade the radio so now I have firmware version V6.01.05.006

I'm not out of the woods just yet. I'm still having the issue of not being able to reset the default data in order to read or write to the radio. I've tried many CPS software and I'm now debating whether to try another firmware upgrade to V7 if I can find it or V8 firmware which is more secure bearing in mind I still have a read/write CPS password on my radio?

Last edit: by CountryBoyUSA

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.