IC-F6061

Posted
Rating:
#306396 (In Topic #281802)
Donor
Hi All,

I am a little unsure what software to use to program an IC-F6061. I see reference to the CS-F3161 and there is a link there but it actually downloads CS-F3060. I have tried the CS-F3060 and I get a cell not defined or some such error. I just want to make sure that I am using the correct software.

Thanks!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Donor
I use cloning software "CS-F3160/F5060".
If you're making a new codeplug from scratch, be sure to go to the following folder to change a default digital setting.
It is in the DIGITAL folder, then MULTI-SITE TRUNK sub-folder, then ROAMING SETTING page, then ROAMING CONFIGURATION (bottom) section.
Go to the setting labeled "Roaming Mode" and change the default setting from TIME BASE to MESSAGE BASE.
That will resolve an error that will prevent an otherwise good codeplug from loading into the radio.
Best of luck with it.
Vern

Posted
Rating:
Donor
Thanks! I will try that this week. Much apprciated.

Posted
Rating:
Donor
So it turns out I was using the TR version of the software. I got the version you indicate above. Now I get a "no answer from the transceiver" when trying to write. It reads it just fine. I am looking for the folders you talk about but can't see them. I checked and I do have all files visible checked. I'll go keep trying to dig into that.

Thanks for the helpl!

Posted
Rating:
Donor
Ah, I just realized that you meant within the software. I made the change and no luck.

Posted
Rating:
Donor
First thing I'd recommend is to verify what firmware is in the radio now.
WIth the radio OFF, press & hold the P0 & P3 buttons while turning radio ON.
That should scroll the firmware version on the display.  It'll scroll several lines with the firmware first and the digital (DREV) part last.  It's the first one that you want to take note of.  A regular firmware has no suffix; railroad firmware ends in "RR".
If you have "RR" version of software, that's a railroad version and you'll need to use a RR version of the programming software.  If you don't need the RR version, you can always change the firmware to a regular one.
Try to get the version numbers of your firmware and programming software similar, i.e. firmware 5.x should be compatible with programming software 5.x.
I don't normally use the 6061's as most of the stuff I use is VHF, but I've read many times that if you update firmware above ver 4.8 that it will force narrowband on the radio, meaning that it won't work on wideband channels (like ham 440) any more.  I have not had it happen on my 2-meter radios that I've flashed to fw 5.x, but it's well documented, so choose firmware carefully if you decide to flash it to a newer version.  Here a link to a bunch of Icom firmware if you need it.  https://mega.nz/folder/PV4WXYbB#E7--WlT5lfk2emD5mGrcYw/folder/2Bp33BRA

Last edit: by Vern_in_GA

Posted
Rating:
Donor
Thanks! I think you have put a finger on the problem. I have version 1.0, so T-Rex was roaming the earth when this radio came out.

I will be using the radio for a ham repeater link, so I need the wideband. I see the software version I have is 3.4. I'll look and see if the page you link has that. Does it need to match exactly?

And since I can't write to the radio, how do I update the firmware?

Posted
Rating:
Donor
As long as you have the right cable connected to the radio and know the COM port number, the executable file (firmware) should be able to flash the firmware to the radio.  Look on this board for a 4.x version of CS (programming) software and then look on that link I sent to find a comparable firmware.  Another good source for info for folks using Icom UHF NXDN gear is this group in Florida that has a multi-repeater network.  Browse around their site and you'll see a lot of good info.  

NXDN Programming Cables

NXDN Programming Cables /*! This file is auto-generated */ !function(c,l){"use strict";var e=!1,o=!1;if(l.querySelector)if(c.addEventListener)e=!0;if(c.wp=c.wp||{},c.wp.receiveEmbedMessage);else if(c.wp.receiveEmbedMessage=function(e){var t=e.data;if(!t);else if(!(t.secret||t.message||t.value));else if(/[^a-zA-Z0-9]/.test(t.secret));else{for(var r,s,a,i=l.querySelectorAll('iframe[data-secret="'+t.secret+'"]'),n=l.querySelectorAll('blockquote[data-secret="'+t.secret+'"]'),o=0;o

View

Good luck with it!

Posted
Rating:
Donor
Thanks for the help!

The latest software I see on the site you link is 1.3. Is that sufficient?

Posted
Rating:
Donor
I don't have any experience with the 6061's as I'm a VHF guy… but that's newer than what you are currently using.  If you can find a Cloning Software version that works with it, give it a try.  It's the same CS program 3060/5060 that work on the 3000/4000 HT's and 5000/6000 mobiles.  

Posted
Rating:
Donor
Vern posted this link on another thread: https://mega.nz/folder/PV4WXYbB#E7--WlT5lfk2emD5mGrcYw/folder/6MREFSjA
You might find the firmware that you need.

I have a different UHF model from the same era that wouldn't talk to ver 5.2 of the programming software until the firmware was upgraded, just jumped through the same hoops. Thanks to Don and Vern for their help.

The firmware comes with its own loader program.  Good luck reviving your radio.

CS-F3160_5060 5.0 or 5.2 (both available in download section) will be able to program it.

Last edit: by kk4gxi

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.