Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

Issues with TKR - 850 Repeater

Please I need help with some issues on TKR - 850 Kenwood Repeater

Dear Team,

I mistakenly programmed a TKR - 850 Kenwood Repeater (New) with the wrong model type.
I then discovered that the repeater wasn't receiving optimally but it could transmit well.

Meanwhile another repeater (TKR - 850) was plugged into the same antennas and it transmitted and received well.
My questions are as follows;

1. Will Programming a repeater with the wrong model type reduce its performance?
2. What happens when a wrong model type is used to program TKR 850?
3. What else could make this repeater not to perform well if the programming is not correct?

Please help me.

Cash
Back to the top

If you are entering a frequency outside the band of the model, I imagine it would perform poorly... and more poorly the further you go from its band design.
Back to the top

ok here it is this can shed some light on the problem you have i could explain more but .i cut it short pleased read:http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/tkr-850-repair/tkr850-repeater-repair.html (Kenwood TKR-850 repeater repair)

:thumbs:

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

did you tune the front end of the repeater it is not one you can simply plug a freq in to and make it work it needs to be tuned to the freq it may be tuned to another freq

boldly going no where
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.