Kenwood NX-700HK Questions

Posted
Rating:
#306238 (In Topic #281700)
Donor
Greetings,

I got Kenwood NX-700HK for free. This is my first mobile station, I have used HT before. I have some questions and would appreciate any help.

1. Will cheap programming cable off of ebay work? This is the one I am thinking to get Program Software CD USB Programming Cable for Kenwood Radio NX-700HK | eBay.
2. Which programming software should I use?
3. What kind of antenna I can start with? Something relatively inexpensive around $50.
4. I purchased TekPower TP30SWV power supply. Will this work with the station?

Thank you for help
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Donor
Usually they (the cheap cables) usually work fine.
As far as the software,  I use the KPG-111D. Its and older version but still works well for what im using it for.
As far as antennas go it really just depends on what all you'll be using the base station for. Some use a magnetic mount sponge actually have towers. It really just depends.
The power supply should work fine for that radio.

Posted
Rating:
Donor
In case someone will be reading this. Here is what I figured out:

1. Will cheap programming cable off of ebay work? Answer: Yes. It worked fine.
2. Which programming software should I use? Answer: I used MCS2000 CPS R02.02.00 RVN4175V. I got the software from here.
3. What kind of antenna I can start with? Something relatively inexpensive around $50. Answer: I got myself Tram 1480. This is a cheap Chinese replica of more expensive vertical antennas. Works fine.
4. I purchased TekPower TP30SWV power supply. Will this work with the station? Answer: It works perfectly.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.