Kenwood TK-350/250 Programming Dilema

Posted
Rating:
#70772 (In Topic #59522)
Hey all,Has anyone recently programmed the above Kenwood KT-250(vhf) or KT-350(uhf) ??I have a bunch of these units to program, and have been researching and trying for days without any luck even reading/writing or connecting to the units.After a few solid days reading and playing, I’ve got the old KPG-23d (v1.01) software working great within DosBox (v0.74) on a windows 7 x64 bit PC.I’m using a genuine FTDI USB cable that’s appearing fine on COM1 and have even changed the -conf settings file for DOSBox to recognise the COM port etc as detailed in many forums.Still cannot connect to the units, which are of course in “-PC-“ mode as detailed within the tutorials out there.

All I have been able to do is flash the firmware to 2B91 version, as it's the latest version I can find. And that flashed fine, but still can't connect.
Any ideas or direction would be awesome and most appreciated !! 

I'd paste some screen shots, but the site won't let me. Cheers :)

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
Either get you an old computer and run DOS with a serial cable or you can try a number of programs to slow the PC's processor down in DOS like an app called slowdos. 

Posted
Rating:
Donor
Hi
My setup is almost same as yours despite im using real rs232 and i did modify kpg22 you find on ebay (the one with additional rj plug cable fitted). I was same as you using windows 7 and dosbox with 386_slow 1000 cycles fixed… After jumper db9 pin 7 and 8 together, it worked like a champ, these pins must be joined too.
There is kpg22 schematic with max232 on internet pointing that as well
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.