Skip navigation
Banner

Kenwood tk-760hg

Mobile repeater

I've seen alot on other forums of people using two mobile radios as a repeater system. My question is if you have a repeater system such as a land based system and you try this as a mobile repeater system will you not experience a echo effect?
I would be using two Kenwood tk-760hgs one set to receive one to tx, and talking though a portable tk-280.
And yes I am with a fire department and is licensed with the FCC to operate and program on those frequencies. Just gotta put that out there before it comes up lol.
Back to the top

Need more info. Freq's of LMR repeater system and freq's you intend to use on the 2 - 760's also how you intend to tie them together.
Back to the top

We have dead spots in my county and I was hoping to use the 2 760s to boost past that point for our handhelds. The frequency of the repeater is
Rc 156.0600
Tx 155.2350
I was going to program the the mobiles the same way so as to make them a make shift like mobile repeater.
I was going to use the
SURECOM SR-112 repeater controller
And a mobile duplexer tuned to the frequency.
Back to the top

First of all any mobile duplexor I've seen or dealt with has a minimum of 4 plus mhz of separation your at less then 1 mhz, a normal configuration of a mobile repeater freq setup would need to have a 3rd frequency that the handheld would talk back and forth to the "repeater radio" with. So lets say radio 1 talks to the dispatch repeater and your second radio is programmed with a freq at least 4mhz away from the other radio freq so 151.235 or lower or 159.235 would be required to keep from drowning the recieve of radio one. I'm open for corrections in my explanation if someone knows another way to make it work. Just my experience.  CHEERS
Back to the top

Thank you for your time, I contacted the company we use to provide maintenance to our repeater system and he suggested that I go with a duplex repeater controller and use for handhelds UHF just connect to the existing VHF truck radios via the controller. Gonna give it a try cause I have some UHF I had bought for cheap and I'll post here how it goes.
Back to the top

I don't know if this helps. But we have a similar issue in my area as well. As I am on the fire dept it's not a huge issue for us because as soon as we go on scene we switch to a tac channel and have little interaction with dispatch. However, the local Sheriff is using a lapel mic that is basically a mini radio that links to a receiver in the patrol vehicle that is tied to their regular 100W mobile VHF radios. They are saying it works like a charm, plus the deputies don't have to lug a large portable radio around all the time. Just a lapel mic.

Plus, I have no idea what the cost would be on a set up like that. I would guess it's outside of our fire dept budget so we haven't really explored that option.
Back to the top

Was just at the IWCE show in Orlando and looked at the product your probably talking about and was very impressed so much so I'm planning on getting one in real soon to try. Here's a link to the web page. I believe the price is somewhere in the $800.00 range. https://www.safemobile.com/solution-x10dr-microphone.php (https://www.safemobile.com/solution-x10dr-microphone.php)
Back to the top

Yep! That looks like the critter they are using here. They seem to like it pretty well.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.