Skip navigation
Banner

Kenwood TK-762HG What's the H?

Need help Programming TK-762HG

I have received a few Kenwood TK-762HG radios.  I am trying to use the KGP-56 software currently.  I am not finding in the settings the "HG" models, only E, and K.   I have tried turning the bauds down to 4800 still with no luck.  The most is has read has been 12 blocks before it errors out.
Unfortunantly I do not have much info on these radios.

Does anyone know if this is a special software or if I need to change my settings.

Back to the top

kc7ham said

I have received a few Kenwood TK-762HG radios.  I am trying to use the KGP-56 software currently.  I am not finding in the settings the "HG" models, only E, and K.   I have tried turning the bauds down to 4800 still with no luck.  The most is has read has been 12 blocks before it errors out.
Unfortunantly I do not have much info on these radios.

Does anyone know if this is a special software or if I need to change my settings.

The H means it is the High Power version.  What version of KPG-56D are you using?
Back to the top

I have tried these two programs.
KPG-56D  v2.10
KPG-29D  v2.01

I have tried both on XP in DOS windows, and also on Windows 95, both in DOS window and in native DOS 6.0.
Both or using serial com ports with the cable.  It's not a USB type.

None will read or write to the radio.  The 29D does have the radio type in the selection though.

Any thoughts?
Jeff
Back to the top

kc7ham said

I have tried these two programs.
KPG-56D  v2.10
KPG-29D  v2.01

I have tried both on XP in DOS windows, and also on Windows 95, both in DOS window and in native DOS 6.0.
Both or using serial com ports with the cable.  It's not a USB type.

None will read or write to the radio.  The 29D does have the radio type in the selection though.

Any thoughts?
Jeff

I believe your version is the problem. I don't think the DOS version supports the G models. I have uploaded v4.22 (Windows version) for validation.
Back to the top

Copy, I will watch for it to go live for download.
Thank you
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.