Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

Kenwood TK-790 Squelch Adjustment

Squelch open too long

I have several Kenwood TK-790H radios. I noticed one of them the squelch stays open longer after receiving a transmission. It is a little annoying. Don't know if I can shorten the time the squelch closes after RX with the KPG-D software. Thanks for any input.
Back to the top

check the TOT (time out timer) settings

location USA
Back to the top

I looked at the TOT in the KPG-44D software help files and that is for continuous TX time allowed by the user.  How about Drop Out Delay Time. The time from the end of a received call to when scan resumes. I'm not sure if that is referring to actual scan mode operation only.
Back to the top

I installed KPG-44D
check the scan information settings see if any thing is different there

location USA
Back to the top

Dropout Delay Time
pauses scanning to receive and resumes scanning after the signal drops.  
The Dropout Delay Time is a period between the time when the radio finishes receiving the signal and it
resumes scanning

location USA
Back to the top

Bajalou64 said

I have several Kenwood TK-790H radios. I noticed one of them the squelch stays open longer after receiving a transmission. It is a little annoying. Don't know if I can shorten the time the squelch closes after RX with the KPG-D software. Thanks for any input.

With the radio connected to the computer go in to program tab and select test mode or just push CTRL+T and there is a way to adjust squelch(its toward the bottom). !!!WARNING!!! there is different settings for Wide and Narrow ch spacing. When adjusting in test mode make sure you you adjust according for your spacing. I would write down the original setting, adjust, go out of test mode and test see if it fixes it. If its not enough add are retest see if that helps   
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.