Kenwood TK-981

Posted
Rating:
#303145 (In Topic #279939)

Looking for programming software and data on radio

I have the software to get into the TK-981 version 2, and it doers me no good, until I get the editor to change the radio to ham frequencies. Is that editor on the system, if so can you direct me to it?  I need help, since I never have done this before.

Joe kq4bx

Last edit: by massimj

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Donor
You can find instructions here - TK-981 Programming
You can find the additional software that is referred to in this article here - Downloads
There are different versions of this software based on the operating system you are running (i.e. the WIndows 7 version is different than the later versions of WIndows), so you will need to choose carefully.

Good luck in your pursuit!

Mike, KG4Y

Posted
Rating:
Thank you, I have one more thing I need, a very good look at the board, some small parts came loose when I desoldered the VCO cover. That was very difficult to get out.  So a close up of the board will help me put a few parts back in the proper order.

Joe  kq4bx

Posted
Rating:
Donor
You may have already seen this, but the board layout outline drawing can be seen on page 50 of the service manual I found here -

I will need to disassemble on of my TK-981s to get a picture if that is what you really need. I presume you need component side of the board view as you requested, but it'll take me a while before I'm in a position to get that picture.

More to follow later.

Mike, KG4Y
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.