Motorola GM380 Test 8 Failed

Posted
Rating:
#303595 (In Topic #280200)
Donor

Help to overcome this issue

Hi

just powered up my GM380 but it has come up with a test 8 failed, have read the device which its doing fine but will not write. What can I do to overcome this issue??

Thank you in advance

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
HamFiles Contributor

Skinny8244 said

Hi

just powered up my GM380 but it has come up with a test 8 failed, have read the device which its doing fine but will not write. What can I do to overcome this issue??

Thank you in advance

Not too familiar with that specific model, but might be related to a corrupted EEPROM. Have you tried looking through the service manual for that error code? If it is a bad EEPROM you will need to replace it, not too difficult if able to solder SMD. Thing is you will also need the data that needs to go into the chip (radio personality), and a programmer to load it into the new chip prior to soldering it on the board. The PRO series radios had a lot of problems of this kind with not only the EEPROM but also the ROM chips also failed with some frequency at random, and that would create all kinds of problems in both mobile and portables of that series. The next series EP/EM (or CP/CM) did no longer suffer from these problems.
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.