Skip navigation
Banner

Motorola GP340

Can't programme them!!

Hello! I'm new to the forum, but not completely clueless to radios…. except in this case. I have a load of Motorola GP340's I bought second hand that came with the programming cable (USB) and the disc and they're programmed ready to use. Initially I installed the disc onto my windows 10 machine, as I wanted to re-programme them to a different set of frequencies, but I couldn't get it to work so left them as is. Fast forward 6 months and now I could really do with having control over the frequencies they're using and I've lost the disc.

I've got a windows 10 and xp machine and have tried downloading various versions of the CPS from here onto both but to no avail. I keep getting "couldn't open port". I can connect to the radios using the comm test tool, but nothing else.

I have a mixture of radios running versions R03.10.03 and codeplug 06.01 and version R03.06.00 and codeplug 04.09.

Any ideas or a point in the right direction to figure this out?

Many thanks,

Mike.
Back to the top

may be he usb driver problem

location USA
Back to the top

i can suggest one  thing  .do have serial port.if you do .get serial cable  less headache.i call usb.aka demon.can be usb driver issue:thumbs:

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Elecctronic & consultant
Back to the top

Try a older pc
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.