Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

Motorola GP340

Identifiable Markings

Fellow Hams,
  I hope this is the correct forum to post this question in. This is my first one so bare with me please. I have recently aquired a handful of Motorola GP340's from a technician of an organization that will remain anonymus. He couldn't tell me if they were VHF or UHF nor anything else about them. After I opened the battery cover looking for an FCC ID, I could not find one in order to identify my particular RT. What other identifiable lables or markings can I search that will tell me what the radio is in order to buy replacement accessories and programming software for? Thanks for any and all help.

73's
KF5WZD
Carter
Back to the top

The manufacturers label usually contains the product coding & serial no etc. If the product labels have been removed from the rear chassis of the radio (very suspect…), then the only way you will find out is by using the GP340 programming software & clone lead, and 'Reading' each of the radios.

Regards.
Back to the top

Here is the easier way .if you are not technical incline and you have frequency counter you could. if dont  have one or .you know a techinican friend they could check it for you.serial # determine the model too.good luck.

Last edit: by tech

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

Agreed it would determine VHF or UHF, but obviously not the full spec, and would need to be very careful who they could be interfering with, when transmitting…
I'm aware of someone who did that and got caught by the authorities they ended up with a significant fine and nearly a criminal record (the radios turned out not to be a genuine disposal from a public safety authority!!).  
Back to the top

Thanks for all of the help guys. I do know a tech that probably has a spec analyzer so I'll probably start there. Again, thanks for the ideas and help.

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.