Skip navigation
Banner: Jump directly to the Hamfiles Site News Forum

Motorola M1225 Crossband Repeater Help

M1225 Crossband

Bought two UHF Motorola M1225's and set them up as a HAM repeater.  Been up for a month without problems.  Now I either want to setup a VHF transmit from the repeater OR setup a UHF to VHF crossband repeater.  I got the radios and tried setting them up.  Since a cross band repeater pulls double duty…takes UHF in and transmits out to VHF.  Then takes VHF and transmits out on UHF.  Got the first part working (UHF-VHF) the tried the (VHF-UHF).  It will transmit, but no audio out from VHF.  Since I merely reversed the cables (RX to RX, TX-TX) it should have worked (mike transmissions ok)…  I am missing something in the wiring or programming….any thoughts?
Back to the top

For two way crossband you need to make sure you have a cable made for two way. A configuration in the codeplug turns the ability to pass audio from the rear port on and off, I had this problem setting up two mobiles as a repeater.
Back to the top

I finally figured it out...was a combination of the settings in the codeplug and the interface cable was only sitting on one set of pins.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.