Skip navigation
Banner: Programming or technical problem? Click to Ask the Experts.

Motorola XTS3000 Programming

Hello everyone, I recently got into radio engineering and thought that learning to program radios would be a fun first task. So I went out and bought a Motorola XTS3000 P25 Digital radio. Unfortunately I'm starting to find out that Motorola handhelds are a pain in the a** to program and just simply use. I already have a programming cable for it.

Is there any advice you guys could give to help me get started.

Thank you,
Bproxy
Back to the top

here is link watch this video#https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHlwQUeyZxg&t=488s (Motorola XTS3000 CPS Software - Radio Programming Demo - YouTube)

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO  specializing in PROGRAMING INSTALLATION SOFWARE INSTALLATION AND CONVERTNG AND BULDING.AND Repeater INSTALLATION.and repair
Back to the top

Are you trying program conventional channels  or a trunking system ?
Back to the top

K6RVC said

Are you trying program conventional channels  or a trunking system ?

Conventional channels sir, just having no luck. This is my first project and I'm starting to think I bit off more than I can chew
Back to the top

First you need to go into conventional personality and create one for each channel you want. then after that you go and create a zone and put what ever channels in the zones
Back to the top

Setup up the Conventional Personalities, then go into Zone Channel Assignment, set up your zones and then set your zone channels to the personalities.  Yes it is tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it's easy.

If nothing else, PM me the list of frequencies you need in your radio and send me a codeplug.  I can add everything to your codeplug and send  it back to you.  Then all you'll need to do is upload it to your radio.

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.