Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

MTS2000 HELP

Need help fast!

Hello all. I am in need of help fast. I had bought a bunch of mts2000's and some ht1000's as well. All on 400-470mhz I had one mts2000 pre programmed when I got it years ago. I have the the cps for both. I have been trying off and on for about a year to figure out how to program them all the same to work together. I have one working mts2000 that I bought pre programmed. I have thee more and three ht1000 as well. I have an event coming up very quickly for my team. I want to get at least two more of them working for that event. I need a total of three working for the event. I am frustrated and running out of time. Can someone help? Can someone copy the programed one into the other two I need? Can someone help me do it. I tried cloning but that doesn't work. I have tried going in and making setting match as best I can but the ones I need to have programmed are differently programed currently so not all the setting are there for me to make them match. I do not know how to fix this. If they were the same I would just make them match and then be all set. Someone please help me. I can make a time to be online for help. I can pull the code plugs and email them. I can do what ever is needed to get them working. PLEASE HELP! I would love to get them all working but right now I just need three of them and ASAP!!! Thank you in advance for any help!

Gears
Back to the top

The first thing i am going to asked .do you have the frequency.are going to use simplex or duplex.if dont understand i can explain more

Hobby and love to  the job done
Back to the top

I am not sure what the difference is. But I think simplex
Back to the top

When you read the radio.go to edit the you put rx and the tx as same.in all the  radio that you are going used.

Back to the top

Thats what I have been trying to do. However my one that is set the way I need shows settings and options that my others don't. so they don't work. I do not know how to fix thins. They are programmed differently and I don't know how to make them the same as my working one. They are the same radios just were bought used and they were programmed differently for what they were used for.
Back to the top

Go into to your working radio and right down frequency for channel one and the pl,dpl tone , just a example rx 462.000, tx 462.000 , pl 124.0 or dpl 74.2 , now load donor radio codeplug and change channel 1 to rx  462.000 and so on
Back to the top

ok I will try this tomorrow. I swear I have done this but its is missing something.
Back to the top

Are using a repeater or you want go straight which is simplex

Back to the top

Meybe youre pc is to new
Back to the top

What Windows version are you using?  You should br using XP and a 9 pin serial ribless cable or RIB. USB program cables do not work consistantly.
Back to the top

Using windows 7. can communicate wit the radios. Have bee attempting to clone with the clone wizard but I get a message saying the radios features or something are different so cloning can't continue. I don't know what I'm missing here. I can't make them match manually as I don't know how to add or remove features. I can't get them to clone. I have only two weeks left to get these working. Someone please help.
Back to the top

One thing i can tell you only success you will have unless you used a ftdi cable if not you are going be in trouble.i have success with the rib cable no worries .you drivers must be up to date for it to work .and operating system .i used windows 2000 and vista

Back to the top

I have a rib and cables. I can red and write to the radios. I am using windows 7 and all seems to be working fine. I cant figure out how to remove the trunking profiles and only have conventional. I cant figure out how to make them match. right ow each radio is from a different place or supplier and they are all programmed differently for different uses. they all are the mts2000 and all in the same band. I just need to find a way to duplicate the codeplug of my original and put it in each of the three other I have.
Back to the top

Not sure if this is too late for you event but here goes. You cannot clone between ht1000 and MTS2000, you will need 2 seperate images.  Read the radio you would like to use the configuration from, write down the info, I suspect you are using simplex where tx and rx  frequencies are the same and the tones you are using (dpl, tpl,  etc.).  Start with programming one radio that matches the first radio (ht1000 is the easiest) once you have it programmed the same as the first radio,  download into that second radio and test it.   If the download is successful, you should be able to clone you a 3rd ht1000.  If it does not work,  i suspect that the software you are using is older than the last software to program the radios was and you will need a newer version to program your radios.   That is especially true for the mts2000 radios (just learned this myself)  good luck.

Back to the top

I managed to get three of my mts2000's working. have not even attempted the ht1000's yet. The event is over and the three I did worked well. Was unable to remove the trunking profiles but I just removed the channel assignments and such so there was no information in there fro trunking. I really wish I could just remove the trunking completely. However I am still learning. So eventually ill get it I'm sure.
Back to the top

Gears1975 said

ok I will try this tomorrow. I swear I have done this but its is missing something.

take your time dont rush do 1 at a time
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.