Skip navigation
Banner

Need Help With XTS5000 Code plug programming software

Need code plug software to create a new plug for XTS5000

Hello All,
I am trying to find a code plug software that I can make a new code plug for my XTS5000.
Currently home from the hospital and wanted to get the XTS 3000 and XTS 5000 programmed and running.  I have the software for both radios, but I am not familiar with P25  and Type II Astro programming.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you and 73
N7RNQ
Back to the top

Hi there bud. I'm not sure if theres any place to download codeplugs or make new ones as they are radio feature set or flashcode specific. the way i get codeplugs is by reading them from the radio itself and then modifying.

An idea is to look up your radio flashcode decode and try to find a codeplug that matches.
XTS5000 P25 models are pricks to work with in my opinion mine has a very limited feature set and getting flashcodes is expensive when trying to work around motorola.
Back to the top

Hello,

You will need to read your radio and save the file before you do anything. This will at least give you your base code-plug to work with.
You should try looking at https://radioreference.com (radioreference.com) for frequency requirements for Apco-25
you may need to add talk-groups or personalities
for that you will need a system key.
I have just uploaded an old DOS version syskey generator to help with talk-groups and personalities
You will need the system id first before you add these and that is where you need to do a bit of research

Hope that will help you get started

Back to the top

A lots of those info is online as long as you do a   search you will find it.:thumbs:

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

hello i have a xts 5000 and im trying to find out how to get a copy of the software to read the radio that will let me enter p25 any advice in what you are using?
Back to the top

Back to the top

I can email you a code plug or at least try my email is (removed)

Last edit: by tech

Back to the top

No email address allowed site rules.:thumbs:Email address removed.

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.