TK-3180K, KPG-89&KPG-92 Error

Posted
Rating:
#300377 (In Topic #277844)
Donor
Hoping someone can offer some advice into this situation.

I recently picked up a TK-3180-K, and having had the KPG-89D software for a while, which claims to support the TK3180, I attempted to program my new radio. When trying to read or write, I receive a "Check Model and Market Code" error. I also tried programming on KPG-92D, and received the same error code. Note that I know the KPG-89D works, and have been programming mobile radios with that software on the same computer.
Codes present on the radio: TK-3180 019048 156181
S/O: 00201871
Firmware: K 1.19.0
Software Version: 1.6

I am on a Windows 10 x64 machine, trying to program a TK-3180K, in North America, using a reliable KPG-36 cable

Thanks in advance

Last edit: by K3RJS

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I am having the same problem with tk-8180k  i have tryed.  89D.  And 92D

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
what version of 92d did you try

Hobby and love to  the job done

Posted
Rating:
Have you given the KPG-96D software a try? That is what I am using to program all of our TK-3180-K4 radios. I've got a stack of them with me right now that are TK-3180 019048 157294 and they've all been programmed with KPG-96D.

Posted
Rating:
Donor
I managed to find a working solution, by reading and programming the radio with an older version of KPG-89D. After reprogramming with the older version, I was later able to read and write without issue with the up-to-date KPG-39D.

I have submitted the older version to the downloads. Thank you to everyone for your ideas and help

Posted
Rating:

K3RJS said

I managed to find a working solution, by reading and programming the radio with an older version of KPG-89D. After reprogramming with the older version, I was later able to read and write without issue with the up-to-date KPG-39D.

I have submitted the older version to the downloads. Thank you to everyone for your ideas and help
If I remember correctly, werent some of these radios setup with restricted programming access, probably the older version wiped the restrictions away.
Glad it worked out for you anyway.

Posted
Rating:
solution solved :) Please archive please.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.