Skip navigation
Banner: Read the FAQs on Emails, Points, Uploading and more ...

TYT MD-380/390

PRIVATE GROUP CHAT

HI.

with regards to the Md-380/390 tyt radios.

Do i need a repeater if i am just using them say going camping or caving to communicate with a friend?

would i need a hotspot or can i programme them to work without repeater radio to radio?

i can programme okay just not sure if i can just do radio to radio
Thanks in advance.

Live, Explore , Repeat :rockon::ninja2:MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS:christmas::christmas::christmas:
Back to the top

Yes you pragram them to work that way it is called simplex.if you will going alittle further you can set up  a repeater ,but for that purposed simplex is ok

Hobby and love to  the job done
Back to the top

Thanks so far only got one to pic up repeaters etc. i can do simplex via the software yes? should i re-programme them all over again? :hippie: .

Live, Explore , Repeat :rockon::ninja2:MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS:christmas::christmas::christmas:
Back to the top

:thumbs:

Hobby and love to  the job done
Back to the top

tech said

:thumbs:

Appriciated  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Also, I'm sure you know, but you won't get much distance caving / spelunking with a simplex radio system.

Good luck!
Back to the top

Do i need a repeater if i am just using them say going camping or caving to communicate with a friend?
Answer : Nope .. simplex would be fine .. GMRS is fine if you would like to use those freq but need to be on Low Power 2 watts

would i need a hotspot or can i programme them to work without repeater radio to radio? No need a Hotspot unless your miles away….

i can programme okay just not sure if i can just do radio to radio
Answer Cloning YES you can if you have the cloing cable
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.