Skip navigation
Banner: Jump directly to the Hamfiles Site News Forum

Xpr 7550 project

My tale of getting a eBay radio working for ham and work.

Recieved the refurbished radio finally. Now on to programming. My employer informed me of channels and frequency's needed for my job site radio system and a code plug from a working radio. Work uses a different model the xpr 6580

Received the programming cable for the xpr 7550. I have tried to contact Motorola for the official version of the software. Still waiting on the response. As soon as I get it I'll post it here for you all. If it ever happens. In the mean time I have tried many different downloads of the CPS software. None seem to work. Versions 10.5 or later complain of region not supported when reading both radios. However the AA version of CPS 10 can read the old work radio. It will not read the new one because of a code plug not supported.

After research I found version 11.5 or later is supposed to open this version of the code plug. So the hunt is on. But very little luck and almost no help from online forums. (This website is the exception. Thank you all for your help) And absolutely no agnoledgement from Motorola. I guess one radio is not enough for them to care.
Back to the top

did you try whiteshark it software supposed encrypt some you can see the paswword.hrer is link take look#https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8slIjicJsKg (How to read a password protected Mototrbo Radio - YouTube)

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

There is no password. I'm just trying to get the correct software. Motorola has not yet approved my application for an account.

I have the money for the software it's just getting it that's a nightmare. I'm looking for alternatives still… Motorola needs to hurry up…

Finally found some software to program the radio. Found out my employer changed frequency's so this unit won't work at work. O well.

There are a lot of confusing options in these settings.  I have added in some local repeaters. Haven't heard anything yet. I don't have my license yet so I can't say hi.

I'm still confused with all the info out there is ham 25mhz wide or 12? I thought 25 MHz but I live in such a large city for it to be this quiet. I guess more research is needed.

Last edit: by AJSomething

Back to the top

I actually just got the new firmware for the TRBO CPS. I'll see if I'm able to upload it here for you.
Back to the top

hi there.It may be the codeplug was written by a later version of cps and thats why it cant be read.As far as wireshark is concerned did motorola not shut that door by encrypting the codeplug password so it couldnt be intercepted by sniffing the packets through wireshark or other packet sniffing software.As i have been led to believe there is a way using a hex editor to read ram but as i am new to all of this mototrbo stuff myself i am learning as i go.Just my two cents worth.I hope you get things sorted out

I aint a gynaecologist but i will take a look.

Mototrbo dp4800 yaesu FT1XDE FT2DE FT60E FT7900R FT100MD aor8600
Back to the top

What cps is needed for xpr7550
Back to the top

Hi there your cps version would depend on what region your radio is from for example a european radio would require EMEA version xpr is an american version of dp4800 i think so would be requiring an AA version of cps.See region codes below
 Region Codes
LA = Latin America
FD = Federal
MD = EMEA MDC (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
AA = North America
AZ = Asia
JP = Japan
One other caveat would be a codeplug written in a later version of cps would not be read in an earlier version though a codeplug written in an earlier version could be read with a later version.

I aint a gynaecologist but i will take a look.

Mototrbo dp4800 yaesu FT1XDE FT2DE FT60E FT7900R FT100MD aor8600
Back to the top

I actually have the software now. But have been transfered stations. Lol anyone want a radio. Great price.........
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.