Skip navigation
Banner: Read the FAQs on Emails, Points, Uploading and more ...

XTS3000

information for programming and compaitbility

Have a couple of the ASTRO XTS3000 H09SDF9PW7BN
I have the ASTRO Saber & XTS 3000 CPS Version R05.03.00 loaded on a windows XP machine
I have a serial connection cable and also the serial to USB adapter
Does not make a difference if I use the serial port or the converter to USB I get a message that says communication fails to connect.
Can someone shed light on why this is happening
(Lost in New Hampshire)
Thanks Bill 
Back to the top

what kind computer are you using.the conection you have should worked .never the less i programed  same radio you have using a dell 2500 with true serial port and it worked perfectly. try using a different laptop.make sure it is old .you are have port problem so check that out keep me posted.

Hobby and love to  the job done
Back to the top

Bill,
   I have this issue a lot with the XTS3000s, and they're still quite popular up here in NH. It never mattered if it was a different radio or I rebooted the software. I use a multi converted system (MacBook USB-C to USB, USB to Serial Port, then ribless to the radio).

I did not obtain the software from here, however the one thing that I found worked for a while was doing a fresh install of the CPS itself. I then wouldn't have that issue for a few radio reads. If this still doesn't work, go to file/read as opposed to using the shortcut. It gives you the option of identifying which port you are going to use to read the radio. Give that a try, and let us know!
Back to the top

When programming the XTS3000 it requires a RIB BOX have you tried using a RIB instead ?
Back to the top

CarlosTech said

When programming the XTS3000 it requires a RIB BOX have you tried using a RIB instead ?

I have programmed several without a RIB box, never had an issue!
Back to the top

You are perfectly right  i have done it with out the  rib box .using serial cable.

Hobby and love to  the job done
Back to the top

billcallen said

Have a couple of the ASTRO XTS3000 H09SDF9PW7BN
I have the ASTRO Saber & XTS 3000 CPS Version R05.03.00 loaded on a windows XP machine
I have a serial connection cable and also the serial to USB adapter
Does not make a difference if I use the serial port or the converter to USB I get a message that says communication fails to connect.
Can someone shed light on why this is happening
(Lost in New Hampshire)
Thanks Bill 

I would have to say try each Com port individually or change the ports in the CPS. In some cases it may be the driver, or the serial cable in question👍🏻
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.