Baofeng BF-230 Pro - Software?

Posted
Rating:
#266153 (In Topic #245064)

Looking for Programming Guidance.

Of course, the disclaimer:  If they SAY it's the same as the 888 that doesn't mean it is.

So now I have these radios - they actually are pretty good.  I have been monogamous in my fleet up to this point with the 888's, and needing to add a couple tried these.  Not my smartest move.

From what I have been able to find, the BF480 PRO programming software is supposed to "kinda" work - I can confirm the non-PRO 480 does not.  Anybody have a working line on a working programming idea - ideally the actual Baofeng BF-230 Pro but I'm game to try the 480 Pro if I can find it.  The posted 480 links I have found are a dead end at Baofeng.  It would be cool if CHIRP supported the 230 but they don't.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
I have the software you need .Does the radio look like this.

Last edit: by tech

Hobby and love to  the job done

Posted
Rating:

tech said

Yes. Exactly.

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
what software did you try

Posted
Rating:
Chirp of course, I found what looks like OEM stuff for the BF-480 (non-Pro), and every "BF" version I could find on the Baofeng site.  

On Chirp I tried all the "BF" radios - none would read the 230, although I did get a couple different types of errors.  I am using a Baofeng cord and also tried re-installing the cord driver.

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
Ok just asking i  have been told the version i have is the one he used do that version.

Posted
Rating:
From what I have learned in searching is that the "480 Pro" version will work - I can confirm the non-pro version does not.  I really think these are good radios - am impressed by the fit and features - but if I can't get them to talk to the rest of my network it won't help me much.

FYI:  I did double check on my BF-888 radios and am able to read/write to them just fine.  I am using windows 10.

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
I unzipped the file look at iam see 480 plus .with another setup file i will install them and check it ok 

Posted
Rating:
10-4

Thanks!

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
Roger that sounds like you are cb operator or  you still using it.no problem i will check and give you info

Posted
Rating:

tech said

Roger that sounds like you are cb operator or  you still using it.no problem i will check and give you info

LOL - no, just an old Broadcast guy who never actually got his 1st class ticket.  I do motorcycle race promotion and we have switched our fleet of radios to the 888.  Needed a couple more and these 230's looked good.

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
I have extract the file and install i am seeing three things in the drop box which contain the model (bf-480d -vhf) \( bf-480d uhf ) \ bf-480d full ) .you can check to see if your program is about the same thing .if you want it let me know.send me a pm

Last edit: by tech

Posted
Rating:
Happy to report all is working just as it should.  Thanks again for all your help - my project has been completed successfully.

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
Ok.:thumbs:

Posted
Rating:

tech said

Hi. I just found this site and am new. I am interested in the software that you have. I have the same exact radio: BF-230 pro and it looks like the photo you posted. How can I get this software? Thank you.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.