Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

ICOM IC-F110 Programming Lead

Cannot get one in this part of the world

Does anyone have a pinout of the IC-F110 RJ45 Socket and what cable goes where to any circuit I can make to talk to it? I may have got info wrong from service manual but I got Pin 2 RX, Pin 7 Ground and Pin 8 TX. I put a 1K resistor in series with RX and TX and connected these to a cheap and cheerful PL2303 UART - USB converter (mine - locally bought just has RX, TX and Ground) After Windows 10 installed Prolific's driver, it is COM7. I have the Icom IC-F110 programming software but after configuring it to use COM7, I still have no luck reading the radio configuration. My programming laptop does have 2 Serial RS232 ports (Dell toughbook) so I would prefer to use a MAX232 (Can buy locally) and a 9 pin D plug arrangement.
As In the description, I cannot buy the specific lead here, we have no postal service and everything is brought in when returning from leave.
Any help is much appreciated. 
Back to the top

Just did a quick Google…  The programming cable is an OPC-1122.  yo should find a schematic on this site.  M0GJL
Back to the top

I have service manual and found the pinout although very small, I have enlarged it to read. Now I know, the ICOM outputs a low current +8v. Where I am based, there are "electronics components shops" but no radio dealers. We also have no postal service.
I have now designed my own programming cable which is a hybrid and supports both RS232 and USB (not at the same time)
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.