Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

Kenwood KPG-111DN (WIDE BAND)

As some of you know Kenwood quit making their software "Wide Band" capable some years back.  Now they have a waiver process to obtain a serial number that will work in "Wide Band" mode but it takes time and money.  I have the latest software and I need a key to activate it that will allow wide programming.  Does anyone have a serial they would be willing to share?
Back to the top

what you version do  you have .i  find some serials.:thumbs:

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

It really upsets me that they do this with the software now.  If we had access to Wide band programming for all those years for them to just remove it from our ability is maddening.

My version:

5.21 from June 2, 2017
Back to the top

why are you upset .dont worry we have what you need.:thumbs:

Last edit: by tech

Back to the top

Thank you!!
Back to the top

tech said

why are you upset .dont worry we have what you need.:thumbs:

Hey tech,
How should I go about getting that Serial from you?  Finding WIDE band serials is difficult, so if you ever need one let me know, I will do my best to return the favor!!

Thank you,
Chad
Back to the top

no worries .tell me serial that you used

Last edit: by tech

Back to the top

tech said

no worries .tell me serial that you used

KPG-111DN Capable of Wide Band Programming most serials will only allow Narrow Band no 25khz channel operation :(
Back to the top

kpg-111 is locked to narrow after v4.7 i think it was and no keys will help. i cant even use an engineering key after that because engineering is locked out in the software too

boldly going no where
Back to the top

i hear about that. dont what he will do then

Back to the top

he can backdate his software by uninstalling and installing 4.7 using his current key and the firmware i think is the same i cant remember if it needs backdated too

boldly going no where
Back to the top

kg7mkw said

he can backdate his software by uninstalling and installing 4.7 using his current key and the firmware i think is the same i cant remember if it needs backdated too

I was hoping not to have to do this and buy the Wide Band license key.  YES Kenwood does sell Wide Band License Keys for their software.  I know because I have bought them and you install it like normal and when you use most keys it restricts to only narrow.  However if you use the key they send you then it does
allow you to select Narrow from the drop down menu next to conventional channels. Although I only have need for it for ham radio I have always been reluctant to buy it.  But they even have a special form for getting it.  Albeit not advertised but I will submit a form and PO from my company and get a key from them.   If you need to see proof see attachment.

Kenwood WDE Form

Last edit: by K0KAD

Back to the top

well i guess i stand corrected you can get that then it has always been a low priority subject to do that and that was during the time they switched to locking that stuff out i guess ill need to order one too

boldly going no where
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.