Motorola CP200 Firmware Software

Posted
Rating:
#30971 (In Topic #23558)

Software to read and reprogram the firmware of CP series Motorola Handhelds.

I am looking for software to read, alter and write the firmware of CP series (specifically CP200 and CP200XLS) Motorola handheld radios to change the frequency range from 146 - 174 MHz to 144 - 174 Mhz (assuming the PLL & VCO have the capability).  The question is, do these radios have FlashROM firmware or is it some other type of non-flash firmware?  I have Motorola Spectra Astro radios that are FlashROM so I'd like to have this capability for the CP series as well as the MT2000.  Thanks.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
the cp 200 programming here it seems to me that it support the cp200xls check in programming software section to what you find ok:thumbs:

Last edit: by tech

Hobby and love to  the job done

Posted
Rating:
The software found so far is for the codeplug (frequency, offset, access tone, etc.) programming.  I'm looking for info on firmware modification to shift or extend the frequency range of the CP200/CP200XLS if possible.  As far as I know, so far, the CP series has flashROM for the firmware, but I'm not 100% certain.  I keep searching the site when I have time but so far have only found codeplug software.

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
ok cool:thumbs:

Posted
Rating:
It appears after some digging that you cant just do what I had previously thought so I edited this to reflect that.  I dont want anyone following the wrong advise!

Chad

Last edit: by TechChad

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
there two versions of these radios a 136-162 mhz and a 146-174 mhz.
it seems you have the 146-174 mhz and want to convert it to 136-162 mhz.

location USA

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
it depends on the frequency he is going to use .for me it would e 146 -174 because of the band width most people operatein my country:thumbs:

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
in the USA the 2 Meters is (144-148 MHz)

location USA

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
For him 136 -162 would be the best .that best radio would work for him is pro series and cm 200 .if he is going to use Motorola because those start from 136 - 174 .but I guess is choice OK.2meter start use 147- MHz in my region

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
like here a local Skywarn Ares/Races repeater uses 144.650 input

location USA

Posted
Rating:

35rem said

there two versions of these radios a 136-162 mhz and a 146-174 mhz.
it seems you have the 146-174 mhz and want to convert it to 136-162 mhz.

Yes, I have the 146-174 and wish to flash the firmware (if it is flashROM) to cover al least 144-150 MHz.  Is there software available (here) to read, write the firmware?

Posted
Rating:
VIP Contributor
there is a way to program   frequencies in the 144 range, what you have to do is use a hex editor and edit the codeplug. then write it to the radio.
trouble is when it is read the software revert the channels back within band or it will corrupt the codeplug.
google search and you should find  how to do it.

location USA

Posted
Rating:
Thanks to all who have commented and provided feedback about what I am trying to accomplish.  For the moment, I have placed THIS project on hold and am working on another higher priority project.  I'll revisit this issue once I have completed the priority project.  73's to all and your comments are much appreciated.

de Mike, KC0TA

Posted
Rating:
HamFiles Contributor
Here is the file that I used Log in - HamFiles. It works on windows 10:)

Posted
Rating:
Donor
we are looking for the Moto cp200 for so long do you guys have it here? if not just tell us because we look
and no resulth
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.