Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

Motorola MTR2000 programming for Windows 10

Looking to program my repeater using Windows10 only found old software not compatible.

im looking to program my mtr2000 repeater using Windows 10 or Mac osX, however the software carried here is so old i cannot use it and it’s not compatible with Windows 10?
Back to the top

When you say not Compatible with windows 10, have you tried running the software in Compatibility mode ie maybe Win xp ?    - Software - Properties- Compatibility   
Back to the top

taffy1967 said

When you say not Compatible with windows 10, have you tried running the software in Compatibility mode ie maybe Win xp ?    - Software - Properties- Compatibility   

Yes i have tried all the windows versions in compatibility mode? My problem is that i am 64 bit system and not 32 bit? Any ideas?
Back to the top

You can use wmware virtual pc  I work with that
Back to the top

trent said

im looking to program my mtr2000 repeater using Windows 10 or Mac osX, however the software carried here is so old i cannot use it and it’s not compatible with Windows 10?
Look at the date of the RSS or CPS and consider what the computer of the day was…

The CPS for the MTR2000 is a 32 bit program, and will not run in a 64 bit system.  It runs just fine on my 32 bit Win 10 office desktop, on my Win 7 workbench desktop and on my dedicated radio programming laptop (an old Toughbook CF29 Mark 5) that runs 32 bit XP but I can boot it from a flash drive and run MSDOS RSS if I need to… The boot-from-USB feature is why looked specifically  for a Mark 5 variant of the CF29).
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.