Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

Motorola XPR 4550 CPS software

Motorola XPR 4550 CPS software

I'm a Newbe to these radios. I'm trying to find the programming software for my Motorola XPR 4550. Firmware version: R01.12.13, CP version: 13.02.01. I will be using using this unit in North America.
When I search for the software nothing comes up. I may be doing something wrong… At this point, I'm trying to add all of the GMRS channels to it. Once I obtain my HAM technician license, I would like to explore DMR. 

Last edit: by BillNutting

Back to the top

I am also looking for the software for the xpr 4550. I am going to be a little cryptic as I do not want to lose my ability to use Hamfiles, it is the best site for radios on the internet. Whenever I look for something for the "big M" I get this message “crookedpictures” does not have access to this category or the category is no longer available."  I have the proper software and version, but I am having trouble getting into particular radios that should be programmable through this software. Is there anyone that could advise me as to the proper way to get all the "Big M" radios to program using the software? It almost seems like everything was shutdown all at the same time.

Back to the top

If there is some legal problem or copyright issue with obtaining the software, I don't want it. If I knew how to buy it legitimately,  I would. I can't find it on the "big M" site or anywhere. I just inherited this radio. It's programmed with two GMRS channels. in it. I just want to get all of the GMRS channels set up.  Someday I may want to do more after I get my technician license… I an told this is a real good radio for a beginner.
As far as "how to" perhaps you should take a look at youtube. There are a lot of videos relevant to programming "big M" radios.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.