Skip navigation
Banner: Programming or technical problem? Click to Ask the Experts.

Wanted F6061 Firmware, 3.1

I have a Icom F6061 EMDC v2.9.1; my CS-F3161/F5060 v4.1 cloning software will not read or write to the radio and I cannot find the CS-F3161/5060 EMDC 2.7.1 version needed for this model. As an alternative I am looking for firmware version 3.1 or later to update the radio. I intend to use it for amateur radio and therefore need to maintain the wideband capability of the radio. I believe that any of the following firmware would work:
EX-2986C F3161/F5060 firmware 3.1;
EX-2986C F3161/F5060 firmware 4.1;
EX-2986C F3161/F5060 firmware 4.4.
Would also use any later versions that will maintain the wideband capability.

Last edit: by LZ2NJG

Back to the top

I think you need a EX-2986B version instead of the C version.  I have all the firmware you requested but I still am not sure it will work.
Back to the top

Poptarrrrrt, I found the firmware and software listings on the internet which included the files names for versions 4.1 and 4.4 updates (listing only, no downloadable files). I assumed that version 3.1, which is installed in my VHF F5061 would be a C suffix also but my assumption could be wrong. I know that the 3.1 version in the 5061 works with my software version 4.1 and also with versions 5.0 and 5.2 although I don't own them. My goal is to get the newest firmware that will work with my CS-F3161/F5060 ver 4.1 software. If there is a real advantage in using a newer firmware I would buy the newer software but my use would be on the ham frequencies and GMRS so I don't know if it would be worth it.

Amendment:

I did find this page : http://www.radioaficion.com/HamNews/articles/1530-icom-radio-programming-software-reference-chart.html (http://www.radioaficion.com/HamNews/articles/1530-icom-radio-programming-software-reference-chart.html) that listed much of the Icom firmware and software. I believe that firmware 2.7 uses the EX-2986B firmware. The C suffixes were for 4.1 and 4.4 noted above. The page didn't list what firmware for 3.1.

What would you recommend?

Last edit: by Motoman1200

Back to the top

Argh.   I picked up a IC-5061D recently, and this has been a PITA.  I have a 4.1 radio that will read with 4.9 softwear, but will not write.   I have a factory ICOM OPC-1122U USB cable and using windows 7 if that matters.  It will read fine but will not write at all.  Motoman, could you pass along your 4.1 CS?   Or if anyone has the desirable RR firmware, that would be appreciated too.   

Thanks!
Back to the top

I have the software you need for that someone will have to walk me through putting it up here I am new to this site. ex2984B is the correct version.
Back to the top

Could anyone pass along the Railroad firmware for the 5061D?  Whatever version works with 4.6.3 software?

Back to the top

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

N9VHL said

Could anyone pass along the Railroad firmware for the 5061D?  Whatever version works with 4.6.3 software?

I have it uploaded it is waiting on validation.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.