Skip navigation
Banner: Programming or technical problem? Click to Ask the Experts.

Wanted MCS2000 CPS

Motorola MCS2000 CPS

Hi fellow amateurs,

I am in need of a copy of the latest Motorola MCS2000 CPS for download. I have one of these beasts (25W VHF) from the Tailgate HAM Swap-Meet for an incredible price ($ 20). It came brick and face plate only, no speaker, no mike, no power supply nor even the cord or belly connector. I managed to adapt another Motorola mike for it and I found a belly connector for the speaker and Ignition power, I've got a power connector and I made this baby power up connecting it to my backup battery in the radio shack. I bought a FTDI cable, made it work on my old laptop, but the only CPS I have are for either SPECTRA or XTS3000. The SPECTRA CPS reads the codeplug from the radio but has an error" Unsupported model", although MCS2000 hardwarewise is a dumbed-down analog only SPECTRA, at least this is what I was told. This particular baby is VHF 120 - 178 MHz analog, that means I can put in not only my provincial HAM repeaters, but the logging road channels, which is very useful when going back country. And the summer is coming!

Thank you!
73!
VA7CSI

Back to the top

I know you are new on the site but next time please search the site to find what you are looking for anyway  here it it # https://hamfiles.co.uk/index.php?page=downloads&type=entry&id=radio-programming%2Fmotorola-programming%2Fmotorola-mcs2000-cps

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

Thanks Tech for your response, but I am running into a problem: cannot download unless I am forking some points, which I don't have. I could barter some software; I have access to the latest Motorola APX CPS and firmware (CPS R19.01.00, FW 19.04), if someone wants it, or some ICOM CPS (IC-F50V and others), or DANIELS MT-3 / CODAN MT-4 packages. How do I proceed from here? How do I publish my offer?

Back to the top

Gooday my friend is not about bartering.most of those software are here but unless a member request then you you can upload make no senses having the same software upload make the back cata bigger and validating take alots of time.there are ways you do to obtain points.if you have rad through the site .#you read this - https://hamfiles.co.uk/index.php?page=catalogues&type=category&id=the-points-system

R.G TWO-WAY RADIO Electronic & consultant
Back to the top

I guess somebody wants others to maintain a site where he can download for free, the points are super cheap if you ask me...AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! :thumbs:
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.