Skip navigation
Banner: If you have checked the All Downloads List and the Back Catalogue and still cant find what you want, put in a request in the Wanted Forum.

Wanted Tk-3180 latest firmware

Looking for latest firmware

I have a Kenwood TK-3180 I am looking for the latest firmware for the radio, everytime I have attempted to program the radio it tells me I need the latest firmware or a password to overide. I have version 1.6 for the KPG 89D program software. Any help is appreciated.
Back to the top

089K45999999AWUZ

this is an engineering serial try reinstalling the software with this and ill see what i can do about the firmware

boldly going no where
Back to the top

Kenwood TK-x180 Firmware Update Package - HamFiles

looks like this is the current firmware

boldly going no where
Back to the top

I tried uninstaling my version and adding the engineering serial number but its still asking for the overwrite pw and I cant get the radio to let me into it to do the firmware update
Back to the top

OK with the software read the radio go to program, *memory map, then line 015_ down and _2 - _6 right with ASCII checked and it will show the password in plain English on the right use that password when programing the radio

boldly going no where
Back to the top

I feel like an idiot but I have taken a picture of it when I ran the memory map I've tried several different combinations of it but the farthest right colum has letters in it and the program wont let me type letters in, but the numbers on left and right still are not correct I have a picture of it but It wont let me upload the picture to see where I may be messing it up.
Back to the top

Sorry i got over complicated try

READ the radio First
then go to edit/optional features/data password

boldly going no where
Back to the top

I had kept messing with the numbers I had read on the map and found it somehow. I appreciate your help
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.