Kenwood TS-870 last firmware update
Firmware Image Revision JJTF, JJUF, JJVF
Additional informationLatest Firmware update for:
- jjtf LOW (27C256PCJJTF) IC4
- jjuf MID (27C256PCJJUF) IC5
- jjvf HIGH (27C256PCJJVF) IC6
Kenwood service bulletin 10/11/1996Symptom:
The transceiver must be in the SSB mode, processor turned on, and AGC set to Slow. Repeated switching between transmit and receive may cause the S-mater to pin full scale. At that time, the receiver will mute for a few seconds.
Insufficient processing of the AGC circuit.
Replace the three EPROMs on the TX-RX board with the new ones listed below.
- Remove the bottom cover of the TS-870S
- Remove the shield that covers the TX-RX board which is located on the right side of the bottom of the transceiver.
- Carefully remove IC4, IC5, & IC6 from their sockets and replace them with the new parts listed above.
- reset the transceiver by holding the [A#B] key depressed as power is turned on.