||We always welcome new RSS applications, schematics and technical data so we appreciate you visiting this page and look forward to your help in expanding the Hamfiles repository.
I hope this quick tutorial will be all you need to get started but if you have any problems please don't hesitate to contact us either by opening a new ticket from the home page or sending a private message to LZ2NJG if you prefer.
Please test your upload will run on at least one operating system before uploading. If the Installer require a serial number it MUST be include in the package or the upload details to receive points.
In the example below we will add an item to the Kenwood category but if there is no category for the item you wish to upload then just upload it to the root category eg 'Radio Programming Software & Data' or 'Firmware' etc. and we'll create the category for you and move the software.
- Click 'Radio Programming Software & Data' on the Home page.
- Scroll down to the 'Kenwood' section and click the Kenwood image or title.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the centre section of the page and click 'Add a new download'.
- The first field is 'Name', please give a descriptive name eg. Kenwood's TK-D200/D300 RSS.
- The category should already be selected but if you wish to change your upload location just highlight the correct category.
- Under 'File' browse to the file you wish to upload. Please note that the system will NOT accept .exe, .com, .bat and a few other executable file types for users protection so you should ZIP all the necessary files into a single .zip file before you start.
- Skip past the next few items until you reach the Description editor. Here you should just provide the version and o/s eg. 'Version 1.0 for Windows', the main detail is inserted into the 'Advanced' section, see below.
- Image. You can upload an image if you wish but this is not necessary if you don't have one handy as we will add an image when we validate your upload. Images should be square and ideally, no more than 350x350 pixels with an transparent background (either Gif or PNG format).
- You may add more detail about the download including the radios it works with and any personal comments you would like to share. To access this section, click the down arrowhead to the right of the next section called 'Advanced'. This will help future down-loaders.
- Skip down to 'Operating System/s' and enter the appropriate O/S's that apply to your upload. If you are not sure about which O/S's the software will run on just put the one you have tested it on.
- Serial Number. If the software requires a serial number to work please enter it here even if it's in a readme file with your upload, some people forget to look for it in the ZIP file. Some applications have different serial numbers for different regions, if you are aware of any specifics please include them in the serial box eg. US Only: 123456789 or Dealer: 123456789.
- Finally, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'Add a new Download' and you're done.
Please search the site before uploading to be sure we haven't already got the version you wish to upload. Different versions are, of course, very helpful
As soon as your upload is tested & validated by an administrator you will be promoted to 'Contributor' status and awarded additional download point to use as you wish.
Feedback. If you have any questions, comments or are having problems uploading, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Request for Validation
Whenever you are responding to a members request (or urgently need the points) you may always create at 'Request for Validation' ticket as soon as you upload the package. If you use this type of ticket it is highlighted in my mailbox and I will respond ASAP.