HT-1000, JT-1000, & Visar, Portable RSS Programming Software
Additional informationFor use with the HT-1000, JT-1000, Visar series hand held radios
Release R03.03.00-RVN 4098H
The HT/JT1000/VISAR Conventional RSS has been up-issued to add additional features and to correct some problems in the previous version.
New features supported in this release:
1. The DTMF keypad on HT1000 radios can now be enabled and disabled by the RSS. Once enabled, the user has access to all DTMF related fields in the RSS. This feature has no effect on radios without a keypad.
2. The Hot Keypad feature on an HT1000 radio can now be enabled and disabled by the RSS. This feature has no effect on radios without a keypad.
3. The user can now specify an alternate synthesizer reference frequency, and specify which channels will use it. This feature can be used to eliminate certain crosstalk problems. It is only available on HT1000 and Visar radios with firmware version 4.04 or later.
The RSS problems which have been resolved in this release are:
1. All dates are now displayed with a four digit year.
2. The Auto Reset Timer range was incorrectly stated as 0 to 34 seconds. The RSS would accept the maximum value of 34 seconds, but would convert it to 0 on screen exit. The range is now 0 to 33 seconds, which is within the radio's capability.
3. The help text for the DTMF Hangtime field was updated to specify that this field has no effect on JT1000 radios.
4. The Side Button and OptionúMate Configuration help screens were updated. All references to HT1000 "B" models were changed to include HT1000 "B" or later models.
5. In Visar radios, if the flip/lock feature was programmed for flip while the channel selector was locked, the radio would stay locked with no way to unlock it. Now, whenever the flip/lock feature is programmed for flip, the channel selector is automatically unlocked.
6. A warning message is now generated if the user attempts to select Mandown Pre-Alert while Silent Emergency is enabled. These two features are mutually exclusive.